Saturday, January 28, 2012

Adoption Media


A pet-peeve I have is adoption media.

I am appalled by the images that say, display, and suggest things like:

Adoption Made Easy

Adopt Fast!

Click the Stroller to Adopt Now

Are you serious??? It reminds me of images like this one:







DO NOT take this to mean my adoptive parents treated me like a slave, or that the abomination of slavery can be compared to being adopted. That is not what I am suggesting. Rather I am offering to you that when media portrays adoption as “easy” and just a click away, the loss of the child’s First Parents is neglected and adoption is reduced to the vile act of purchasing a human being.


Throughout the adoption transaction, the U.S. Government fails to recognize and protect an inherent right of every adopted individual, the human and civil right of every living person - knowledge of one's origins.  Instead, adult adoptees are forced to continue their tedious pleading for access to their own records case-by-case, state-by-state. It is never too soon to correct this error.  

No comments:

Post a Comment